Re: since when do clutches go bad like that?!

To: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Subject: Re: since when do clutches go bad like that?!
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 17:49:02 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Marc,

you wrote:
>Dan Neff wrote:
>>   Then today (Saturday), I tried adjusting the slave's rod (to clutch
fork).
>>Tightened it up, and WHOA! It's starts to work again!  Pedal play comes out
>>farther than before, but doesn't slip. Get back home, decide to tinker with
>>carbs, go out for another test drive. WHOA! Clutch won't disengage again!
>>   What the @!*(#!@ is going on???
>
>Dan,
>Any chance that there's air in the hydraulic line?

possible, based on lack of experience: the only other time i've tried
flushing a (clutch) line, was with what turned out to be a bad Pep Boys slave
cyl on a Camry (translation: I don't think so, but having never KNOWINGLY
done one right before...).
OTOH, I flushed the !$#!$ out of the line (wasted a LOT of fluid until I
thought I got it right), the pedal pressure has since been consistent, and
the fork moves that same 5/8" each push...

>Does the pedal feel mushy?

not at all.

dan.