Cam removal

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cam removal
From: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 15:31:39 -0700
All,
I have started to take the cam out of my U20 head.  I have removed the
rocker arm retainer springs and then the rockers.  I have a cam oiler
bar that bolts to the lower cam tower studs.  It looks like I could
unbolt these 2 nuts and then re-install then without disturbing the
geometry of the alignment.

Next is the 3 nuts that hold the cam bearing caps in place.  2 are 10 mm
and 1 is 12 mm.  The cam seems to turn freely right now.  Looks like it
is simple to unbolt these 3 nuts and the cam comes right out.
Does this sound right?
Bob
67.5
2L