The Glen

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Glen
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 19:40:22 -0400
It was a great weekend at the Glen. There were about 25 cars or so, but
because of a heavy downpour (the Glen would not be the Glen w/o rain at some
point during the weekend), I did not count all the cars.

Tom "Iron Ass" Phelan won the long distance award, Charlie Ellis won 1st
place peoples choice and Mike Sacks won 2nd place.

However, there were 6 roadsters racing 1 2L, 4 1.6Ls, and 1 1500.
Additionally there were about 6 or 7 Zs also racing including the original
Bob Sharp racer. Fortunately all came away w/o damage except for 1 Z which
snapped a drive shaft and a 1600 which because of a $2 part died on the race
track after the warm up lap. The plastic ball which attaches to the linkage
was worn and fell off and the carb plate which holds the return springs also
broke loose. Oh well!!!!!!

The people were great and the commraderie was infectous. It was nice to talk
Roadster speak in person rather than over a cable line. I have been
attending since '87, which was the first year, and 6 or 7 cars and about 15
people made the show that first year. There have been as many as 45 cars in
years past but this year several people could not make it. Hopefully all who
could not attend this year will make it next year!!!!!! More the merrier!!

Yeah, you in CA can laugh at 45 cars but for these here parts where rust is
as common as a cold, that's a pretty good showing.

Thanks to all the vendors who supported us and donated the prizes and it was
nice to see Dean and Les attend to meet the dudes from the east. Interesting
that both of them originally hailed from the east.

On a personal level I did some great parts swapping this weekend which made
my house and me happy.

Looking forward to 2001,

66 Mike