RE: (no subject)

To: "'VulForge@aol.com'" <VulForge@aol.com>
Subject: RE: (no subject)
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:04:01 -0700
>Hey, Roman, or anyone else that might know; Where did you get the diaphragm
to rebuild the fuel pump?  I have an early 67 1600 and the pump has two
rings of screws.  Looks like it should come apart easily.  It seems to be
dumping gas out the bottom instead of pumping. Russell Criswell Kansas City
MO 67 1600

We, Roman and I, got them from Stan Chernoff. It is easy to rebuild. Even
the "non Rebuildable" one uses the same diaphragm. It's only considered non
rebuildable because the replacement diaphragm wont engage with the actuator
arm without removing the pivot, witch is further complicated by the fact
that two steel balls were installed to retain the pivot. In other words, it
can be done, It's just more of a hassle. You've got to drive the ball to the
pivot and then, all the way through. Don't concern yourself with all this
now, just buy the diaphragm. It's more likely you'll have no problem
engaging the diaphragm and be on your way in less than thirty minutes.

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
Los Angeles
SoCalROC http://www.ameri-eagle.com/datsun/