Re: 01 Calender

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 01 Calender
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 14:32:12 EDT
In a message dated 9/12/00 10:14:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
neffster189@yahoo.com writes:

<< I sure enjoyed your '99 calendar. Would love to see you do a 2001, but
 I can sympathize with the family role 'interfering'! If I was you (my
 kids are pretty much grown), I'd strap that baby in the car and go
 cruising, before I'd worry about a calendar!!
 Anyway, just out of curiousity.. I don't know ANYTHING about
 calendar-making, and was wondering if you can give me an idea of
 what's involved? >>

Oh.... I already do that.  I have been giving my little Rosie a ride in the
Roadster since she was 6 months old.  She is really starting to like it now.
We go on short drives through Chinatown and into Golden Gate Park.  The beach
is always nice too.

In regards to the calendar... making a calendar really depends on the amount
of quality involved and the quantity produced.  For '99 I went with the bear
minimum in quantity, (2000) and the highest quality I could get.  My
photography was the limiting factor.  Although I think that came out fairly
decent.  ;>)  Anyway, the cost to make a calendar like the one I made in 1999
was roughly $9500.00.  Yikes...!  It still scares me to talk about it.
Obviously, I didnt expect to make alot of money on it.  Reasons are
apparent... number of enthusiasts, etc.

But I did take a small loss which was no big deal since I made alot of
friends during the process.  I also had the opportunity, (and excuse) to do
alittle traveling in the Datsun to the many different shows on the west
coast.  But it was the people that I met that made the calendar a success for
me.

So if anyone wants to make a calendar I would say try it out.  It is alot of
work but it can be quite an experience.  Ohhhh did I mention that it was alot
of work too?  ;>)

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
BADROC