1.6L Block Modifications?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 1.6L Block Modifications?
From: bob_wilson@agilent.com
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:40:14 -0600
Hi List,

Someone told me that there is a modification that can be done to the 1600
Block that makes is run cooler.  You have to bore out some area, then weld
it back together somehow and the result is that the block (or part of the
block) will now run cooler.  So I assume that this makes the water passage
somewhere larger.  It is supposed to help prevent blowing a head gasket
(which I didn't think was a problem for the 1600 anyway, but as I am
planning to covert the 1600 engine to a stroker, it will run hotter I
think).  Anybody know anything about this modification???

Bob Wilson