Re: Rear Ends

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear Ends
From: Thomas <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 20:23:30 +0200
If anyone is replacing their rear axle with another similar type
the big problem is to shorten the shafts. For stock track width
you would be looking for 1172 mm or 46.14 inches from "pad to pad"
I think even the B210 (Y120) had more track width than the Roadster.
Bolt patten modification is a piece of cake. Also as Sidney pointed
out a Ford 9 inch is overkill and also makes more drivetrain power
loss than the stock axle. An RX-7 axle with limited slip might be
one of the better ones. Bolt patten and maybe rear disc brakes too.
You still need to shorten it. If you were in Europe, a Ford Escort
RWD axle would be the closest in size. How about the Isuzu Piazza
"or whatever they called it" axle? They are strong enough.

Thomas
in sweden.