Seattle Races

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seattle Races
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 12:17:12 -0700
List,
I had another great time in Seattle this past weekend.
It started with a stop at the Northwest Datsun Enthusiasts meeting.
They are great people and I had alot of questions for them. I even
won a prize. I met Robin before hand and followed her to the meeting.
I finally met Gordon Glasgow in person after many conversations
on the phone. It was fun after the meeting to go into the parking lot
and look at what the members were driving. Craig Hooper has
his supercharged U20 Roadster done, and it looks great.

Sunday we stopped by Gordon's for a quick peak at his project and it
is coming along nicely. Gordon joined us for the races at SIR and it was
fun.
I do think if you are going for the historic races the July 4th weekend
are the
ones to attend. They had at least four times as many cars at that event
and most of the high dollar cars were missing this weekend.

On the way home I was stopped by Pete Dills house to drop of parts .
He had his Shasta third place winning 1600 there along with several
other projects. he also had a 70' 1600 for sale in fairly good
condition.

I have pictures up on my photopoint site. They are not very good, but I
think
the ones that Gordon shot with his camera should be great.

Thanks to all the Seattle people I met for their hospitality !

Mike
Nowroc