Re: Some people have all the luck

To: road <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Some people have all the luck
From: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 07:47:34 -0500
>  Hate to sound like an idiot, but who the hell is John Morton?

No problem.  John Morton raced on the BRE (Brock Racing
Enterprises) Team headed up by Peter Brock. They raced the
Roadsters & 510's when they first came out.

If you look at the old Photo's, John Morton is usually in car #46.

I still have my old copy of "The Stainless Steel Carrot". Long since
out of print, but follows John Morton in the early days of Datsun
Racing. Fun reading on an cold wet day.

Cheers,

Tom

P.S. I bought the book in 1973, before I owned my first car. Couldn't
talk my Dad into a roadster after we had an Sunbeam Alpine in the
family ("No more sports cars!"). So my first car was a Datsun 510...
which I prompty took SCCA Pro Rallying.... ;-)