Re: Metal Master Replacement ?

To: <jschmi7@us.ibm.com>, "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Metal Master Replacement ?
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 13:25:17 -0500
>Does anyone have the number for the replacement for Metal Master pads for a
>2L?  I know they were bought out and I think they are still available from
>the new owner but I dont have a number.  I would normally order them from
>Ross, and probably wilI anyway but I would still like to have a local
>source if a quick purchase is needed.
>
>I am AXing in 2 week at Blackhawk Farms Raceway and in morning practice,
>after a couple laps, standard pads become useless.  It did teach me,
>though, that you can come into a corner very hot and use power on oversteer
>to make the turn.  I would still like to have brakes though.

John,

Consensus on both lists (here and the 510) seems to be that the
Porterfield R4S (not the R4) are the best all around pad. If I remember
correctly there's even one outfit that will reline rear shoes with the
same material, although I'm not sure that's really necessary since (at
least on the 510) most of the braking is done by the fronts.

I'll dig around in my archives and see if I can't come up with a dealer.

HTH, Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)