Re: digital camera (O.T.)

To: "R Haug" <haugchiro@moscow.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: digital camera (O.T.)
From: "fredkatz" <fredkatz@2xtreme.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:40:53 -0700
Bob,

A couple days ago I said I'm thrilled with my Canon S-10 2.1 megapixel, most
compact 2.1 digital camera around. They run about $400 on the internet, and
it'll cost at least another $150 for accessories. You need accessories for
anything you buy (power packs, memory cards, etc.). Canon has better cameras
out now, in the 3.x megapixel range.

I have a Kodak DC50 (for work use), sucked big-time, lousy resolution, too
bulky and those cameras take forever to download. Also had a Sony Mavica for
work use, also sucks - lousy resolution and just about worthless. It uses a
floppy disk but you can't fit much on it.

With the Canon,  I use a cable to USB port on one PC, Sandisk cardreader to
parallel on another PC, and serial cable for another. It even comes with a
cable for a Mac. I bought a 40MB flashcard that stores hundreds of high-res
pics. Thing I like best is the camera fits in my shirt pocket and goes
anywhere I go. Who wants to carry around a big case? I use it for
documenting work on my roadsters, inventory, snapping pics of computer
screens and equipment (I maintain a dozen scattered servers at work), and
snap pics of family events. It comes with cataloging software. After
uploading the pics, they go to CD-RW's and the software keeps thumbnails of
everything handy. Check out the features at camera reviews on the net.

Fred
BADROC