Bad news

To: "311" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bad news
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kwhcpa@addler.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 08:52:03 -0700
I must have anti-roadster karma or something.

Were I a less restrained individual I'd spout off an endless
stream of expletives.  Wouldn't help matters, but I might feel
better....

Last May (99) I broke my trans.  In December, I broke it for
real, and had to park the car.  Last Sunday, I got it back on
the road.  Realized I put the shifter-select springs in the
wrong sides.  Who cares, the sun's out, keep driving!  After
two days of fun in the sun, I swapped the springs back, and
went for a road test.  Much better.  Feeling bold, I ran the
car up to 6,000RPM, and hit the perpetual wall that lives there.

Gave it a little more gas, a little less, trying to get it past
6K.......then it happened.  Something came apart, big time.

Barely fired on one cylinder, shaking like mad, backfiring and
making a ping-type noise.  Sigh.

I'm guessing I lunched a valve (or four or five;-) or maybe the
Evil L dropped down and jumped the chain.  The head will come
off this weekend.  Sigh, again.

Something to be said for getting 2 days of driving my
2000 in 2000.  Something sad.

       ____  Kyle Hagemann, Born-Again Grease Monkey From Beyond
   _.;(____\____    72 240Z, L28/E88/SU, 5sp, all poly - Z Beast
  `-(#)------(#)-<  69 2000, Lousy rackin' frackin' U20 - Broken