Check those brakes!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Check those brakes!!
From: Nathen Ruffcorn <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 23:26:33 -0400 (EDT)
Had a REALLY close call today! ;-(  Had somebody pull out RIGHT in front of
me.  She never saw me, but heard me with all four tires howling, bringing me
to a suprisingly quick stop.  WAY to close for me!  Made me think back to
last year when I was contemplating whether I should drop the $'s to totally
rebuild my brakes.  Today I can say it was money WELL spent!  If your brakes
are less than they should be, please do yourself a favor and fix them this
winter.  Fix your horn too!

I have found it helpful to take the same mindset I would if I were riding a
motorcycle-EVERYONE IS OUT TO KILL YOU.  Be careful out there!

Nathan

P.S.  Anyone have any thoughts as to why my idle jumped from 800 RPM to 2000
RPM for about 30 seconds after the hard stop and then returned to normal???
(not that I plan to make the tire screaching stops a habit <g>)