Engine Grounding again and again...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine Grounding again and again...
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 11:29:40 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,
        Man I don't understand why my car is always falling victim to the bad
ground demons.
        What constitutes a good-complete set of ground wires??
On the right front I have two thick batt cables one goes to the neg post
of the batt-from the alt. and one goes to the frame-which also has a connection
from the battery-dual post batt sure are fun. On the left front I have a 8
guage cable that goes from the engine to frame..but thats apparently not
enough.  I added another 8 guage wire from one of the starter bolts to the
frame.  Now my car turns over with more vim and vigor than I remember and
everything appears to be well.
        Its strange before I added the starter-frame cable my car would not
turn over or do anything.,. But I was not smoking the throttle cable in
fact I coudl not find where the current was going....
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA