Re: Mystery car/Import ID book

To: Magic1910@aol.com
Subject: Re: Mystery car/Import ID book
From: Dennis Currington <dc311@mail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 22:41:05 -0700
Magic1910@aol.com wrote:

>     I flipped through the Imported Car Spotters Guide by T Burness and
> couldn't find the mystery car.  Of course, I then realized it covered
> imported cars but not foreign cars.  Since there are some many really cool
> foreign cars that were never officially imported to the US, can anyone
> recommend a good anthology type book for foreign cars?
> TIA,
> Greg Morrison
> SRL31100005

Greg,

I use the Encyclopedia of Automobiles 1888 to Present (which is 1982 in this
case :-).

I immediately recognized the mystery car as an Innocenti :-), as shown in the
picture on pg 325 of the aforementioned book (for you lawyer types :-)  The
maker of the famous Lambretta scooter branched out in 1961 to include the
manufacturer of automobiles under a liscencing agreement with BMC.......like
what Laurie said.

Dennis
TIC

--