mixed topics du jour

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: mixed topics du jour
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 07:34:14 -0700
ref: Badroc BBQ in Golden Gate Park, car pics.
Michael, great pics, stunning assortment of cars.  You BADROC'ers certainly
got the shine going.
That Bugeye with the rollbar going thru the hardtop makes me wonder what is
gonna happen when I put on my hardtop... (6'3", only wear 32" long jeans,
seats with headrests are ~31" tall, you do the math)  He certainly did the
hardtop fit very nicely, though.
My uncle owned a convertible Muntz, just like the 'Jet' shown in your pics,
but in 'beater' condition.  'Madman' Muntz made 3 to compete in the
Pan-American Road Rally in 1952. (3 produced made it a 'production' vehicle)
Chrysler fell thru on the sponsorship, (ref. 'Madman' nickname above) so he
used the marine version of the Chrysler Hemi, and you notice the dashboard
is very reminiscent of boat dashes of the era. (my uncles had temp gauges
for both water in and water out)   The trans tunnel was so huge that the
pedals were offset to the left of the steering wheel. With the gauge of
steel used for the body, it must approach 2 tons.
Okay, I'll stop now, gearhead with keyboard gone mad.

Fergus O'Farrell
69 2000, car with no top, head with no hair