Flat dash into late cars?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Flat dash into late cars?
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 17:50:12 -0700
>From those of you that have done it, how difficult - mechanically - is
it to fit a 67.5 flat dash into a '68 body? The wiring doesn't scare me
(though it should, I suppose). But what are all the things I need to
consider? What are the switches on the left side - wiper and dimmer?
(67.5 dash). What about to the right of the amp/fuel?

What does the flat dash fit into - some sort of a frame, but is it part
of the body, or a 'bolt on' that can come off a donor? What do I need -
besides the flat dash itself - to put it all together? (example: glove
box liner). Is the '68 steering column compatible with the hole in
the dash? Hmmm, wish I had looked a LOT harder at the early
interiors at Shasta...

-- John