Re: Roadster in the press (Hello, pmiller!! Actual Roadster content

To: sidney raper <spl310@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Roadster in the press (Hello, pmiller!! Actual Roadster content
From: svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 08:19:51 -0700
Late getting to this subject, I know, but my company's "stoopid" proxy servers
have been
hosed on and off for a couple of days and I couldn't follow the link.

Anyway - did anyone else notice some of the inconsistencies in this article?
For example:

" "Only 200 with the Solex option were imported a year and only to Canada and
Australia,"
reports Mr. Boettcher."

Maybe I'm all wet, but weren't the Solex cars imported into/available in the
good ol' US
of A, also?

and...

"I'm keeping the interior original," he says with a smile, "I prefer leather to
vinyl,
even if  it's worn."

What, were you Canucks getting an interior option that wasn't available south
of the
border (or the equator), or was the original owner of my '70 2000 a cheapskate
who didn't
shell out for the leather interior option?

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA