Re: (OT) The Last Open Road

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: (OT) The Last Open Road
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 20:58:49 -0500
>For those of you into sports car racing from the early fifties and who just
>love to read about racing I highly suggest the above novel written by Burt
>Levy. It's really great and puts a smile on your face. Lots of great
>characters and of course cars. It revolves around a gas station, in of all
>places, Passaic New Jersey.

Does anyone else remember a series back in the mid-60's by a guy named
Felson or Felton. The first book in the series was called (I think) "The
Red Car" and was about a late teen kid who was befriended by a European
mechanic. They bought a wrecked MG-TC, rebuilt it, and the rest (as they
say) was history. There were maybe four to six books in the series as I
remember. That series, along with Road & Track, was what moved me away
from drag racing toward sports cars. I'd like to find copies of those
books and have them for my grand sons, heck maybe my grand daughters, to
read.

Interesting how some things really stick with you.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)