Trusty Other half drives SAKE RKT!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, datsunroadsters@onelist.com
Subject: Trusty Other half drives SAKE RKT!
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 09:16:07 EDT
What a fine day yesterday.  Susan was acting a bit
worn out, doing paperwork at the kitchen table.
"Hey, lets go for a ride in the red car"...she hasnt
been in it except for quick spin thru neighborhood,
we went some ways out in the country, and found
some good sports car roads.  I asked her if she
wanted to drive, and she was like a little kid at that
point "YEA"....
The way I have the shifter shimmed with hard rubber
makes 3rd just a thought away from 1st, but 5th
is a deliberate reach..this caused some shifting
anomalies for a bit....then she started really driving
well.
What a very cool and enjoyable way to spend an
hour or two.
Wow this car is fast!...was her comment after
running up thru the gears to about 5K....I told
her to use full throttle and 6K, and hold on!
I had a whole nother appreciation from the passanger
seat.  What an outstanding exhaust note.  What a tight
little car.  Enjoyed the ride!
My 1.5 years of spare time and four thousand odd
dollars of parts and stuff was suddenly well worth it.
Best Regards,
Jim (still grinning)
Chesapeake Va
67 pushrod 2L 5spd