Re:1500 temp sender

To: "The Blair's" <jblair@rcsis.com>
Subject: Re:1500 temp sender
From: T and E Corcoran <corcoran@bainbridgeisland.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 21:53:02 -0700
Joe,
The sending unit is probably the wrong one. 1600's and 2000's use a sender
that might look the same but has different characteristics. One will increase
resistance with an increase in temperature, the other will have a decrease in
resistance with an increase in temperature. Polarity has nothing to do with
it. 1500's have a unique temp sender. This can be verified by measuring the
resistance of the sender in a cup of ice water and then in hot water. I
believe you want the one that shows a decrease in resistance as temp rises.
(negative temperature coefficient). I think your wiring and gauge is ok.
Regards,
Tim C.
2 '64 1500 Fairlady's