Market survey - springs/sway bars

To: "Roadsters (E-mail)" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Market survey - springs/sway bars
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 12:26:01 -0500
Hey fellow Listers, Roadster friends -

As you may remember I have been looking for comp front springs.  I was told
by our great vendors that Nissan is out of comp front springs and comp sway
bars and a good possibility they will not make any more.  With this in mind
I have been in contact with a spring manufacture that can build front
springs for the Roadster and possibly an adjustable comp sway bar. This
manufacture is VERY reputable and builds comp springs for the Miata and
others. Build quality would surpass the Nissan parts and would come powder
coated and fully tested to OE quality standards.  To build the springs/sway
bars they need a minimum order.  So I pose a simple question:

----How many would be interested in comp springs and/or sway bars?

Because of the superb engineering staff of the manufacture, we could build
springs that have the benefits of the comp spring ride height with a
slightly less aggressive spring rate for better ride.

I would like to get these made to help the Roadster community.  This would
not be a venture to make a lot of money, so pricing would be less than the
Nissan parts.  Vendors had Nissan springs for $150.00 and $125.00 for sway
bars.

Please respond back to me off list.  Your response does not mean you are
committed to buying springs/sway bars - only to see if you would be
interested in one of these items now or in the future.

Thank you for your time.  And above all "Happy Roadstering".

Phil
SEROC