The operation was a success

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: The operation was a success
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 22:53:53 -0700
It seems that the recent "starter" thread was a curse and a cue for my
starter to give up. I even picked up a starter from Roman to have rebuilt
for his 70 1600 restore project. I stopped it off at the rebuilders and the
very next day, my starter died. So, now his rebuilt is in my car and my old
one goes to the shop tomorrow. Then it will take it's place in Roman's car.
Musical starters eh?

This time I found that the starter would fit through the infamous gap
between the frame and the body. When I think back on the last time I changed
this dam thing and I took the steering column out, I'm embarrassed. I still
had to remove the carbs and heat shield to get that top bolt.

I've added a heat shield wrap and a heavy ground strap from the lower bolt
to the frame. Hopefully, these two additions will give me a starter that
lasts longer than three years.

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
Los Angeles