Another one of Daniels crazy ideas....

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Another one of Daniels crazy ideas....
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 18:25:39 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,
        Allright I got another crazy idea the other day.  This a different
one from the 59 Cad style fins and bullet tail lights-which are already
seriously in the works.  Here's my idea... A roadster rumble seat. Wouldn't
that be neat-o.  Here's how I could see it working. You would have to make
up new hinges for the trunk so that it would open from the oppisite side it
does now.  These would have to be pretty heavy duty and you would have to
reinforce the trunk lid and the wall of the trunk that you are mounting to
        Next you would have to cut away the wall between the trunk andthe
package shelf. Now build some kind of false floor inthe trunk and have
seat bottoms attached to it. Make some kind of seat back outof foam/wood and
attach it to the inside of the trunk lid.
        With the trunk down the car looks normal.  Pop the trunk and you
have a four seater!!!  You could make the seat bottom removeable so you
could still have a useable trunk (chuck the spare tire). And with the inner
wall cut away you will ahve extra room to carry long stuff.  How does that
sound??
        Man, I gotta stop reading those 'Street Rodder' mags. There-a puttin
idears in mah head Pah....

                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA

You jsut wait the modified class at shasta this year is going to have one
new entrant!!!