Need help assembling rear brakes

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need help assembling rear brakes
From: "The Belgian Roadster" <chriss@euregio.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 10:20:38 +0200
Hi List,
Well, I received 2 answers to my question telling different things!
So, how is the rear brake cylinder fixed to the brake plate?
I have 4 shims, 2 small with a locking device at the edge , and two 2
large with a lip in the center!
Refering to the parts book, the curved shim with the lock at the edge
has to be set first, sliding in between the brake lever and the
cylinder(that's why it is curved)
The other one goes in from the opposite side, that way both shims lock
into each other. Tell me if I'm right until here!

Now I have 2 more shims. Those with the lip in the middle.
Are these shims slided onto the cylinder from the opposite side of the
brake lever? Are they both from the same side, or one left/right to
the cylinder?
Where has the lip to show to? To the brake plate or to the brake line
piping? Are these ones build in before the edge locking ones?

Chris-The Belgian Roadster