Re: Grinders and polishers advice needed

To: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Grinders and polishers advice needed
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 18:34:29 -0500
Vic,

The faster the better. Go with 8" wheels. They run across the metal faster
and that's the key to polishing, just like it is in cars.

I use a yellow 8" buff for cutting as it's indestructible. Forget the sisal.
I have had some for years and all they did was unravel. I got them from
Eastwood.

The Eastwood rubber expandible wheel is great too but you can't run them at
3400RPM, more like 1800RPM. They will explode at 3400. They are great for
smoothing and then polishing metal, especially aluminum.

Mike