Searching for 1600 connecting rod

Subject: Searching for 1600 connecting rod
From: Christopher Coker <cfcoker@home.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 22:27:57 -0500
Howdy all,

I'm slowly starting to assemble my spare race motor, and it looks like I'm
missing one connecting rod.  If anyone has a spare new or used 1600
connecting rod that I can buy/trade for, I'd be forever grateful.  I tried
ordering a new one from nissan (Part # 12100-14650), but it comes back NLA.
I'm not quite ready to dump $1000 into a set of Carrillo rods just yet!

I just had my 3-main crank straightened, heat-treated, and journals
polished.  Total cost was $180.  The guy that did the work has done crank
work for Jack Roush for years.  He commented that the crank reminded him a
lot of the crank from a Model-T Ford!

Regards,

Chris Coker
Royal Oak, MI