The wonders of "mechanical agitation"

To: ristguitars@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: The wonders of "mechanical agitation"
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 09:05:23 EST
This is for ristguitars electrical problem:
I dont usually post my (questionable) advice to the whole
list, but like the humour in this one....hope others do also!

If direct contact means zero ohms, then it sounds like
a short.  But, if it were a direct short it would blow its
fuse or melt/catch on fire.

In any event, I think you are going down the wrong road.
I think there is still something wrong with the regulator,
or its wire harness.

At this point I would move into the "mechanical
agitation" phase of testing.  Anotherwords,
with the car at fast idel, reading 20 or 30 amps,
have someone whack the voltage regulater with
a hammer (not too hard!)....if it drops below 20 or 30
then maybe your regulator is stuck on charge or
something.   If this dosnt work,  wiggle all associated wire
harness while someone watches amp gage.

Good Luck!
Jim
Chesapeake Va