What's the big deal about a'67 2000--RE: #36 for sale (not

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: What's the big deal about a'67 2000--RE: #36 for sale (not
From: "Dan Zubkoff" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 04:12:10
I've been into roadsters for the past 10 years. Over that time I've owned
most every variety of the Fairladys...a '63 Single Carb 1500, a 65 1500, 66
1600, 67.5 2000, 70 1600...even own a Silvia  nowadays.

During the past year or two our own datsun enthusist list-group has really
been over-hyping the brilliance & importance of the 67.5 2000 cars. This
"mystical" & "magical" 67.5 2000 is a creation of our own imagination.
Yes....the 67.5 2000 is a great car...but it is just another roadster.

Outside of our own roadster group, many auto publications still don't even
recognize our cars as classic! Have you looked at a sports car guide for the
value of a roadster?? If the guide even has a listing for the
roadster.....it usually lumps ALL the roadsters together (63-70 1.5/1.6/2.0)
& prices them TOGETHER as the same price for all varieties!

Yes!!all the roadsters are lumped together into the same category and valued
as a lump sum group.

Don't get me wrong. I like the 67.5 2000 & it is one of my favorite models.
But, it is just another cool datsun roadster! Pick and choose the car you
like for your own preferences.

So......buy a 67.5 2000 if that is the version you prefer....but don't buy
one just because you have heard so many times on this list that they are so
"brilliant" and "special".

A roadster...is a roadster...is a roadster.

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA
1966 SPL311
1966 CSP311