Re: National Meet

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: National Meet
From: "John Schmitt" <jschmi7@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:05:41 -0600
My 2 cents..........

I would love for it to be in Kansas.  I live in Chicago.
A few thoughts:
     If we are to get any attention from Nissan for future parts
availability, we need to show numbers in an event.  That makes it a
requirement to at least try to get their support for a meet so they
understand the commitment of our group.
     If we merge with the Z group for a meet, their numbers will overwhelm
us.  That may or may not be a good thing.  From Nissan's perspective, the
amount of cars may be as important as what kind they are.  After all, we
all love DATSUN Sports Cars.  If I had another garage, I would probably
have a Z too. That way I would have the second best DATSUN too.
     This group is just like a family.  We have good parts and bad.  If
this is going to really happen,  we need to replicate "Father Know Best",
not "Roseanne".
If you have suggestions, make them positive, not complaints.  I would be
very bad at trying to take charge of this but someone has to.  He/She then
has to ask how many can commit to driving 1500 miles to the event to see if
it is worth while to proceed.  Then take a vote on approximate location,
i.e. Colorado or Kansas or Texas.  After that see if the committed are
still committed.  Then invest the real time.
     I can tell you that driving a 30 year old car that I rebuilt in my
garage 1500 miles is out of the question.  I would have to rent a trailer
and invest some money in my truck,  If it is reasonable in distance, I am
sure that I can get Wessel and a couple others from the upper mid west to
form a caravan and that would make it doable.

Just don't set the date for same weekend as the US GP in Sept.  or
Christmas!!  Those are the only ones off-limits for me.

John Schmitt    Telecommuter External # - 847-658-7074; Tieline - 698-9887
   Internal phonemail only  -  tl-348-4725 or 240-4725      pager pin#
8710561