<FS> if you love Roadsters, then you must look

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: <FS> if you love Roadsters, then you must look
From: Taylor Collins <tyco1983@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 11:26:45 -0800 (PST)
Hi All,
First of all, I would like to thank all of you who
have helped me along in my journey of restoring a
Datsun Roadster.  Your information has been invaluable
and I feel lucky to have such easy contact with so
many experienced and knowledgable minds.  As of now, I
am sad to announce that my Roadster project must come
to an end.  I am at a point where I realize that I
don't have the necassary funds to wrap up what still
remains to be finished before I leave for college this
summer.  So far, I have in my possession 1) a steam
cleaned, standard sized U20 block in need of nothing
but some minor honing and freeze plugs 2) the original
U20 block with matching VIN numbers, only thing is,
casting that goes around distributor is broken off for
some reason 3) i have a fresh fully ported and
polished head w/stiffer springs-set up for good off
the line torque/hp 4) a fully working transmission 5)
a complete gasket kit for the engine 6) brand new
rebuild kit for the front calipers from OEM 7) of
course all the necassary timing and operating
components for engine, pistons, rods etc. 8) ALL
suspension is still attached, not sure of condition of
shocks and springs.
The body is completely straight except for a popnotch
next to the front left headlight and a popnotch in the
rear decklid, and NO major rust-only some very minor
surface patches.  I just finished stripping interior,
completely restored floorpans with ospho and painted
interior black.  Where I have fallen short of money is
the brakes and bearings and rings-I don't know if it
needs new master/slave cylinder$$, I haven't checked.
Brakes are opened and cleaned, but there is some minor
pitting of which i don't have the money to take care
of.  Some minor wear on the main bearings of which I
also do not have the money to take care of, for I'm
not comfortable in reusing the old bearings, i haven't
checked the jackshaft bearings either. I all piston
rings present, but not sure if smart to reuse.  Dash
has alot of cracks, I have one original seat(the
passenger seat was trashed), rear bumper only(front
one was bent and i threw away to my own shame), soft
top with all brackets, four z wheels with brand new
tires.  I would like to sell this as a whole.  It is
much easier for me.  I am genuinely sad to let this go
with all the work i put into it, but I'm running out
of options.  These parts are so expensive these days,
and I don't have the money or experience with
Roadsters to continue.  I've always been a z guy,
starting from when I saw my dad's ford red cream puff
as a young child, and owning one of my own.  I hope
there is someone out there who might want to pick this
up and finish.  Its almost all there.  I am located in
Atlanta, GA and my number is 7) 242-3002 or you can
just email me.  Thank you again for all the
assistance-Taylor
http://photos.yahoo.com/