OT-Smithy 3 in 1 machines

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: OT-Smithy 3 in 1 machines
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 16:50:59 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,
        Have another off topic question for the group. Since it seems lik e
a lot of people on this list know there way around a machine shop hopefully
someone will be able to answer this question.
        My research lab is being moved to a new building and we don't have
enough space for our little mini machine shop.  I am wondering if anybody has
any experience-knoweldge-opinions about the smithy 3 in 1 line of tools. They
are combination mill-drill press and lathes.  We are looking at their
smallest model and this might just be the trick for our space crunch.  Are
they worth the money?? Is it possible to do relatively accurate work with
them??
                Thanks,
                        Daniel 69 2000
                        SF CA