Re: paint question

To: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: paint question
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 14:38:04 -0600
sidney raper wrote

>I have dismembered quite a few roadsters that had original paint (all low
>windshield cars) and they all had black paint on the grill support.  The
>later cars may be different.
>
>Sid
The controversy rages!
My 70 1600 had been painted a couple times before I got hold of it, but
both the 65 320s have brush-painted black behind the grille.  Again these
are older models.
     Look at the reprint of the 2000 ad opposite page 105 in Phill's
book.  It looks like the center strut behind the "D" logo is darker than
the body paint.Note the lighter colored stuff behind the grille either
side.  Could be retouched, or they could have put dark paper on that
central strut for the shoot...who knows?

-Marc Tyler

Marc Tyler
Designer,
Animal Firm