H20 v U20

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: H20 v U20
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 19:55:39 -0500
I finally was able to disassemble the H20 I got the other week and can now
compare it to the U20.

The U20 crank is fully counterweighted and the H20 is not (no wonder my back
hurt after lifting the U20 crank). Is full counterweighting that much
better?

The connecting rods are very similar and both are the same length, however
the U20 rods use a larger diameter rod bolt. What is interesting is that the
oil holes on the H20 rods are huge compared to the U20s. Anyone want to
speculate why?

The H20 pistons are dished and not flat but the piston pin locations are the
same.

Mike