Re: Fuel pump?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, "Ted Garner"
Subject: Re: Fuel pump?
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 13:49:40 -0800
Ted,

It's human nature to assume it's a fuel problem. It may well be so.

As others have indicated, check the fuel filter for air leaks, the choke
for function, and the fuel bowl needles.

But don't ignore other possible causes.

You may have an air starvation problem. Are you trying this with the air
filter removed? It could be that the air filter is clogged. Are the
throttle plates opening a crack or are they sticking shut?

Also check the electrical, mostly the distributor. Your points or the contact
plate may be bad, causing an intermittent loss of spark.

Fred - So.SF