Re: Solex Vacuum Line Question

To: "WILSON,BOB \(A-SantaClara,ex1\)" <bob_wilson@agilent.com>,
Subject: Re: Solex Vacuum Line Question
From: "Mike Kerr" <mikekerr@innercite.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 18:30:50 -0800
Vac advance is not needed on the solex set up. the vac advance on the
roadster is for part throttle high speed , this adds a bit more advance for
better gas milage...  With the Solex you run the advance at idle higher as
the carb design makes that posable so  don't need the part throttle advance
.... the solexs run at 20 deg BTDC  if you can find high octane gas.
hooking a vac advance to just one port on the solex carb is  a No No.   If
you would like the reasons  call me and i'll give you the info over the
phone ...

Mike Kerr
Roadster Restoration
PH# 530-644-6777