Re: old glass properties

To: "Adam Bradley" <ambradley@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: old glass properties
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:12:14 -0600
Adam Bradley wrote

>They were made in a much more manual and imprecise fasion in the past,
>and they had imperfections and waves.  The thicker side was put down
>because it wouldn't make any sense to put it up; it is much more stable
>putting it down.

The old viscous liquid vs amorphous solid debate makes its way to the
roadster list.  The trouble I have with the thick side was installed down
by the glaziers argument is that you're bound to find a fair number of
exeptions if that were a building practice.  Who can claim that workmen
never put things in upside-down?

Roadster content.  Chain hoist is here lifting beam awaits, and a whole
load of tight deadline work looms.  Will I miss the good weather before
the new clutch gets in?  And what's wrong with high windshield roadsters,
anyway?

-Marc T

Marc Tyler
TDROC
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016
1965 L-320 #L320 013642 (the misspent ute)
1965 L-320   (Still in CA)
http://datsun_marc.tripod.com/cgi-bin/Datsun_homepage.html
Sisterdale TX