Re: Wiggly rear end

To: <roadster@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: Wiggly rear end
From: Bamandpeb@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 13:17:18 EST
Kathy:

Sorry about the subject title, but it was just too easy.
As far as your problem goes, check the thru-bolt on the leaf springs (this is a
special bolt that passes thru the center of the entire leaf spring assembly).
We had one shear, and it produced the symptoms you described. You will have to
disassemble the suspension on the offending side. It is not visible until the
spring is off the car. The combination of the broken bolt, along with loose
shackle nuts, allowed the car to swing sideways on acceleration. Good luck.

Dan & Susan

<< Hi,

I got a reply from Kathy about our upcoming BADROC run. She's got this
question about a fish-tail effect upon acceleration. Anyone got experience
with a problem like that? Maybe loose leaf springs?

Kathy - I suggest you see Mike Young, as he has a hydraulic lift and can do
a full inspection.

Fred - So.SF