Re: removing comp oil pan with engine in car.

To: "Daniel Neuman" <dneuman@hodge.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: removing comp oil pan with engine in car.
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 21:16:59 -0500
Dan,

Very low torque, about 5 lbs or so and use a 1/4" drive so you don't crank
it up, wrist tight. Also and this is important is to tighten the bolts as
you would an engine head, starting from the center out. Some people do it on
the diagonal but I had some leaks that way but none when I tightened them as
I mentioned. Also use a sealer as was recommended by others and make sure
the gasket surface on the pan is straight. I know on the steel pans can get
distorted and I have to bang the gasket surface straight before installing.

Mike