Re: Damage from the rear bering removal - warning -- rant

To: Teesun68 <teesun68@cadvision.com>
Subject: Re: Damage from the rear bering removal - warning -- rant
From: Marc Sayer <marcsayer@home.com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 09:03:23 -0700
Well I am no expert when it come to axles but I would have two concerns here.
First the cut, while not all that deep, has created stress risers which can lead
to cracking and failure eventually. Whether the cut is bad enough and the
likelihood of failure great enough to be of concern is hard to say without
seeing the parts. Second, and I think even more important, by using a torch and
actually cutting into the axles with the torch, they almost certainly have
ruined the heat treating of the axles, at least in a localized area. I would get
another set and make them pay for them.

--
Marc Sayer
82 280ZXT