After several experiments I've gotten some carbs to come out like I
want them. I didn't want a shiny polish just very clean with a little luster.
As close to "new" as possible. Doing a three step process on the bodies,
tumble in steel shot, tumble in walnut shell and rubbing compound, and final
touch up with fine glass bead blast. The brass parts get tumbled in walnut
and polishing compound only. Steel parts are tumbled alternating between sand
and walnut shell until clean and then yellow zinc plated. Fortunately most of
the time is spent waiting while things go round and round. I'll bring this
pair to Shasta for my SU carb show and tell round table discussion.