A tail of two windshields(sort of long, partly OT)

To: <bluebirds@bluebirds.datsun510.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: A tail of two windshields(sort of long, partly OT)
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 11:36:39 EDT
Roadsters and BB list:
My trusty better half is co-owner of a
picture frame and art shop, and has built up some
money she needed to spend with this barter
co-op deal.  She decided she wanted a new
windshield on her 94 Dodge Caravan, due to
sandy environment here, there are about a
million tiny pits in it, making it painful to
drive with the sun at low angles.....well, I
naturally asked if I could have a new windshield
for my 72 510 also...cause it has about two
million pits in it.
No problem says the mobile glass guy, $240 for
the Dodge, and $167.50 for the Datsun.
(barter dollars, zero out of pocket)
Great!
So the glass guy comes out and puts a
great windshield in the Dodge in about 15
minutes, PPG glass and everything.  I then ask,
"Wheres the glass for the Datsun??"
"Oh, didnt they call you"  says the glass guy...
"we did a nation wide search, they arnt
available anymore...."
So, I know roadster windshields are about
dried up, as far as new ones, but
510s????
My question is, does anyone know where to get
a good new 510 windshield?  The glass
guy says he can still get the gasket if I
can find him the glass.
TIA!
Jim
Chesapeake Va