Re: leaking exhaust how will it effect oxygen sensor??

To: "Dan Neuman" <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: leaking exhaust how will it effect oxygen sensor??
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 08:41:49 -0400
If the engine mounts or tranny mount are bad they will allow the drivetrain
to move more. If the front pipe of the exhaust system isn't lined up
correctly with the flex pipe it will cause additional stress.

The guys who did my exhaust system took great pains to ensure that the
exhaust system was inline with the header/flex pipe. They told me any
mismatch will cause premature failure of the flex pipe. They also welded
brackets to the pipes and used the original rubber mounts for the exhaust to
allow it to move a little rather than hard mount it to the frame.

Mike