OT (Aarrgh! No Roadster for me to drive to Shasta)

To: "Datsun List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT (Aarrgh! No Roadster for me to drive to Shasta)
From: "kerry zariwny" <kzariwny@home.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 16:18:25 -0700
Hi all
Hope the Fourth is going well!
Just wanted to vent and figured the list would understand. This past two days I
have spent replacing front & rear
shocks, the clutch and added my new comp sway bar; all in prep for Shasta. Yep.
Taking the Roadster to Shasta! Today Kae
and I were changing the brake fluid in the roadster in order to prepare for
Friday's trip to Shasta. Everything went
smooth and easy. I was showing Kae the difference brake fluid makes (see,
honey? no fluid=no pedal resistance) and now
that there was fresh fluid in, "see Kae how firm the petal is?" <Pop!> and
there goes the seal on the rear brake
cylinder and it is like Niagara Falls in the garage. And me without a spare.

After about two hours of calling around (Why oh why are parts depts. closed on
July 4th?) and two hours of crying
(actually it was only about 20 solid minutes of uncontrollable weeping), the
datsun is not going.

So.On Friday if you see a black Toyota 4 runner (plates "Kae") with a guy
hanging out the passenger window waving madly
and giving you the thumbs up, take pity on the poor soul. Know that instead of
being a stalker or road-rager, he has a
roadster at home and that he is simply expressing his excitement that you are
driving yours.

See you all at Shasta!

Kerry (brakes? I don't need no stinkin' brakes!) Z
West Linn, Oregon
1968 1600
NOWROC