Re: Gooing OT, Coolant disposal and ants

To: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>,
Subject: Re: Gooing OT, Coolant disposal and ants
From: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 15:13:41 -0700
I don't know about Antifreeze for Fire Ants, but as a homeowner with MANY
Fireants, I decided to try this.  I took a empty Coffe Can and dug a hole
where I knew the ants had a trail.  Put the can into the hole to the top of
the can so it was easily accessed by the ants, and poured bacon grease into
the can.  when the sun came up and heated the grease the ants were doing
swan dives into the grease to a point that my dog had smelled and seen the
delicacies that I had placed before him and dug up the can and ate all the
ants and licked up the grease.  When I tried to duplicate the trick, I made
the mistake of letting the ants see me do it, and not one of them was ever
in the new can.  Pat