weird electrical problems

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: weird electrical problems
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:44:49 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,
        Went out to start the car the other day and nothing...turned the key on
and nothing.. I mean nothing..the lights wouldn't work the emergency flashers
wouldn't work, none of the gauges worked..I of course thought it was a dead
batt but nope it was fulling charged and connected...Maybe a fuse?? nope checked
the fuse panal and they were all good and all showing 0 Volts wiht the key on...
all except for the horn.  I was confused.... I have the GM one wire alt and I
have it connedted straight to the batt and I have it connected thru a 35 amp
fuse
to the old alt hot wire.  I checked this fuse and hey there is no fuse in the
holder?? But in a new fuse and whamm-o everything is fine??
        Okay here is the weird part??  The car was working fine without a fuse
on the alt-to-old hot wire line which I think is normal it would of just been
running off the batt-which is also hooked into the alt.
        What would of happend to make this no longer be the case?? Its like some
connection under the dash came loose or something?? I am confused as heck
somebody illuminate me will ya??
        To recap..fuse in everything great fuse out nothing...

                Thanks,
                        Daniel 69 2000
                        SF CA