Factory lightweights and Roadster frames

To: Richard_Tillinger@dresser-rand.com
Subject: Factory lightweights and Roadster frames
From: RoadsterGB@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 16:58:04 EDT
Hi Dick

Great to hear from you and thanks for the knowledgeable frame stuff. As far
as I know anything lightweight (frames OR panels) only started in 1968.

Jack Scoville says about the lightweight frame on his car:

"The first time out at Kent, on bona fide race tires, the front crossmember
just collapsed! It was so thin. We had to cut a crossmember out and put a
standard one in. It was a truly flexible flier! It had no rigidity in the
chassis at all."

Rob
<A HREF="http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/intro.htm";>The Fairlady Roadster
Register</A>