Re: RockAuto.com

To: Daryl Smith <darylsmith@telus.net>,
Subject: Re: RockAuto.com
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 22:41:37 -0700 (PDT)
I just visited their site and although I like the interface it is
virtually useless for me as a 1600 Roadster (SPL311) owner.

It lists the 1600 Roadster as having an L16 engine, which of course it
doesn't.  From 1968-1970 it lists, in addition to SPL311 and SRL311, a
1600 and 2000.  These have the correct engines, but for the 1600 in
1968 it lists an automatic transmission as an option!  This is
apparently not the RL411 as that car wasn't available in 1968 and is
listed in previous years.

While I can appreciate the difficulty in getting accurate information
for these old cars - if any information at all - it is yet another auto
parts store that I will steer clear of.  I will go to the Datsun
Roadster vendors, who know what parts should be on these cars.

--- Daryl Smith <darylsmith@telus.net> wrote:
> Anybody tried these guys for parts?
>
> www.rockauto.com

=====