Re: Mechanic recommendation...

To: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mechanic recommendation...
From: "Michael Breen" <elvis@channel1.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 13:38:17 -0400
Thanks Mike.

The symptoms:

The car does not idle "comfortably". By that I mean it sounds as though it
wants to stall. After a period of prolonged driving (30 minutes) at higher
peeds (55-60mph), a transition to lower speeds, in lower gears, will cause
the car to run really rough, feeling as though it will soon stall out. Once
I get it into third, it appears to be ok.

The other thing I notice is a very strong odor of gasoline after the car has
been running, even if it has not been driven.

The guy I bought the car from said I would want to have the carb adjusted
because it was running rich. He had the car rebuilt and seemed pretty
certain that it was running rich.. He said he didn't have the knack to tune
the carb the way it should be done.

How would I go about identifying the needle I have.

Thanks,

Mike the neophyte