distributor advance

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: distributor advance
From: "James M Koken" <james.m.koken@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 20:13:33 -0700
Hey list,
I'm working on a 2000,( the one Gary L. found ) and have a question. There is
no port for the vacuum line to run on the carbs so the PO ran the vacuum from
the manifold. We know this is a mistake, too much advance and lack of vacuum
at acceleration.  Any ideas on how to get reasonable advance on the dist? I'm
currently running mechanical advance only and it goes to about 25 degrees with
an initial setting of about 15.  I put different springs in the dist. but I
don't think I have the correct combo.  Solex's run without the vacuum advance,
right?
Thanks for any suggestions, hopefully a new dist. will not be needed.
Mike Koken
Baffled in Colo. Springs